1221 Avenue of Americas New York, New York 100020
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Technical Writer looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for a Technical Writer for one of our top multimedia clients in New York City. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more
- Developing and delivering accurate and timely documentation
- Works with HW design teams to scope out and plan for the documentation requirements for new projects.
- Works with product, engineers, and QA in an Agile team to retrieve, organize, analyze and synthesize complex subject matter and transform it into easy-to-understand information for specific audiences.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Employs various authoring and desktop publishing software tools to produce finished products that include printed or electronic publications.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Works with other team members to understand the publishing requirements in a authoring environment and project schedules.
- Working in iterative software development cycles that use Agile methodologies and processes.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills, with the ability to incorporate business and technical requirements and feedback from multiple groups of people into documentation
- Bachelor' s degree in Technical Communication, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to develop a strong working relationship with technical engineering team.
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience or familiarity with semiconductor technical documentation/writing
- Able to balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, rapidly changing start-up environment
- Familiarity with high performance CPU or GPU architecture, design and semiconductor technology
- Familiarity producing REST API and SDK documentation
- HTML and CSS skills a plus
- Familiarity with video, media, CDNs and service providers is a plus