Telematics System Test Engineer
30003 Fisher Brothers Rd. AEC Warren, MI 48092
Telematics System Test Engineer – Core Validation (#6739)
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Validation Engineer for one of the most iconic client in Warren, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
Description / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing test procedures for telematics programs.
- Reviews test specifications and documents issues/recommendations.
- Participates in root cause analysis with suppliers and provides production support to identify system and implementation issues.
- Provides system testing of telematics functions/applications for infotainment products
- Performs complex design analysis
- Develops validation designs including alternatives to manual testing
- Executes both in-vehicle and bench testing including functional and reliability testing
- Designs and balances system test procedures
- Meets deadlines for production intent product timing
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments and suppliers
- Travels as required
Qualifications / Required:
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in validation of a production intent product
- An understanding of in-vehicle networking protocols such as CAN and associated tools and techniques
- Basic knowledge of the operation of internet and packet data protocols
- Basic knowledge of automation test environments
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- At least five years of professional engineering experience
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis
Qualifications / Preferred:
- Experience in validating telematics hardware, in particular call flows and component interaction
- Experience with modeling manual and automated test procedures simulating CAN network messaging
- Experience with managing test tool properties
- Experience with advanced infotainment systems and technologies (GMLAN, Ethernet, Digital Audio, SMS and Packet communications)
- Experience with CANalyzer, CAPL Scripting and Vector Tools
- Knowledge of the telematics functionality and requirements
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills to launch a product using various wireless technologies (GSM, CDMA, LTE, etc.).
- Familiarity with embedded systems software and hardware design and implementation
- BS in an Engineering or Science Discipline
Location: Warren, MI
Work Environment: Electronics Testing Lab
Duration: 6-month contract