Temp Supply Clerk
160 East 53rd Street New York, NY 10017
- Hours/Shift/Days the temp is expected to work Monday-Friday 5 AM-1 PM
- Full-Time or Part-Time Hours? Full Time
- Is Supply Clerk the correct Job Title that you are recruiting for? Supply Clerk III
- Expected length of assignment? 3 months
Monitors and controls the flow of medical supplies and equipment on assigned clinical floor.
- Supply Distribution: Delivers and stores supplies in appropriate location.
- Checks all orders received for accuracy against requisition form and packing slips while distributing and storing items. Returns incorrect items and reorders unfilled items from General Stores or through the Facility Department.
- Distributes items and stores in appropriate location according to item. Follows established priority in delivery and storage of items.
- Checks dated items on a consistent basis to ensure products not expired.
- Stocks all items placing older items in the front and new stock in the rear for use prior to expiration date.
- Ancillary Support/Coverage; Provides support and coverage in areas assigned.
- Supply Ordering: Takes inventory and orders supplies to maintain shelf levels in all assigned supply areas.
- Orders needed items from General Stores through the on-line Sciquest system or outside vendors as per departmental guidelines and without over stocking.
- Anticipates and avoids problems by ordering depleted items as soon as possible. Offers alternatives to out of stock items when appropriate.
- Checks up daily with General Stores on status of back ordered items and notifies staff of such status if it becomes critical.
- Processes all supply requisitions/credits per departmental guidelines.
- Care for the Environment: Contributes to a safe, clean and operation environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of supply clerk experience - Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work and push heavy carts as well as standing for long periods of time
- Basic computer knowledge
Professional Services Recruiter
I’ve been on both sides of the table when it comes to recruiting – working for them and now working as one for ektello; let me use my experience to help you navigate your job search journey! I strive to be respectful of your time and am available to answer any questions you might have when the time is convenient for you.