Test Automation Engineer
29755 Louis Chevrolet Road Warren, MI 48093
Infotainment Component Test Engineer (2 positions)
Vehicle Infotainment Systems are a rapidly developing area of automotive engineering. Our client is advancing the art of vehicle software at every level of functionality and design. They are developing beautiful intuitive systems that enhance the traveler experience.
- This is a test execution role where you will contribute to the development and test of embedded software for Infotainment components. This includes execution of automated and manual tests on benches and in vehicles
- Responsible for executing both manual and automated test scripts to verify Infotainment component functional and performance requirements.
- Configure benches to support specific test scenarios
- Characterize and document defects including identifying steps to reproduce, linking failures to requirements, and collecting all associated test logs
- Interact with multiple engineering disciplines (Systems, Software Development, Validation, Suppliers) to support defect resolution
- Develop and Update test cases as required
- Verify operation of Infotainment features that function on CAN, Ethernet, and LIN communication protocols
- Provide regular status updates and complete documentation and test results
- Perform Diagnostics, Partial Network and DPS Calibration testing
Qualifications | Required:
- Familiarity with Firewall and Packet filters, OTA, and transport layer
- Experience with Bluetooth sniffer tools and protocol analyzers
- Understanding of Vehicle Electrical Architecture and Subsystem/Features in the Infotainment domain
- Min of 2 years’ experience in Automotive Test Automation Development; 2-5 years of relatable experience ideal.
- Experience with GMLAN/CAN vehicle communication system and CAN based monitoring tools.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Strong Project Management and Organizational skills
- Ability to manage complex problems and propose solutions
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering required.
- Prior Android experience with development and testing is a must, candidates with Automotive experience is preferred
- Vehicle test experience (e.g. knowledge of vehicle communication buses)
- Automotive background is preferred
- Candidate must be flexible with work schedule.
- Candidate must be collaborative. Team size is approximately 24, candidates will work collaboratively with multiple people on certain tasks. Will work with some of the same individuals on a daily basis.
- Candidates must also be able to work autonomously - as they will have some tasks that they will be 100% responsible for.
- Primary communication will be with internal team members, as well as others within the client’ s software teams.
- Ideal candidates will not be frustrated by setbacks, rather setbacks will motivate them to push for new ways of working around those setbacks.
Areas of Expertise: Automotive and Testing
Soft Skills: Ability to meet deadlines, Ability to Work Independently, Ability to Work with Other, Advanced Communication Skills, Communication Skills, Critical Thinker, Detail oriented, Interpersonal Skills, Presentation Skills, Problem Solving Capability, Team Player, Troubleshooting, and Written/Verbal Ability
***Please have candidates answer the following 2 questions on the top of their resumes, or on a separate attachment***
- Describe your experience with Android development and testing
- Describe a time when you had to learn a new skill quickly. What did you do? What was the end result?
Location: Warren, MI (Local candidates are ideal)
Duration: 12+ month W2 contract
Work Schedule: Candidate will start remote; however, they will need to have the ability to come on site as needed.
First Shift: Monday -Friday. Core hours are typically 9-6, with flexibility outside of these hours for 40-hour work week. Candidate must be flexible with their schedule in case they cannot start their day until after 9am due to system/software requirements.
Holidays: Candidates will work standard Automotive OEM calendar.