Test Engineer - Mobile
440 South Church St Charlotte, NC 28202
We' re currently looking to add a Test Engineer – Mobile to our team for a 3 Month Contract role with the possibility of extension. The role sits at our technical center in Charlotte but will start remote as we navigate the Covid-19 pandemic.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implement shift-left test disciplines and practices within sprint teams that align to the organizational goals as we modernize the current platform.
- Assist the Digital Channel Technology organization to build and implement a world-class test framework that tightly integrates with our CI/CD pipeline to fully automate release and delivery processes.
- Collaborate with API developers and DevOps engineers and provide constant feedback to continuously improve test strategy.
- Assess the platform and assist with selection of appropriate unit, component, and system integration test automation tools and frameworks that enable automated build and deployment routines.
- Assist with defining approach for each phase of testing; unit, component, and system integration; while maximizing code and test coverage.
- Review technical specifications and program code with an emphasis on test-ability to ensure clean code development: readability, changeability, extensibility and maintainability.
- Analyze the business requirements and assist technical leads and Product Owners with defining the acceptance criteria for the features that are being developed.
- Work closely with the Product team to understand their expectations of how a feature would function.
- Decompose user stories/requirements to identify what tests need to be created and automated across the full solution stack; business logic, contract, journey, accessibility, visual, performance.
- Perform testing responsibilities within the agile team including writing and executing test cases, identifying, logging, and triaging defects.
- Work in tandem with the developers to automate tests for the full solution stack; business logic, contract, journey, accessibility, pen, visual, and performance.
- Work with the development and operations teams to debug testing failures and implement solutions to fix reoccurring issues.
- Actively monitor post-release metrics to identify any defects that leaked into production.
- Continuously improve test bed and write tests that expose the defect before any fix is attempted.
- Evaluate existing testing methodologies and suggest new techniques that will help deliver high-quality features faster.
- Improve, maintain, standardize, and execute automated testing across the full solution stack.
- Maintain a solid understanding of QA workflows and test automation best practices.
- Maintain proficiency in application and use of systems, tools, and processes.
Duration: 3 Month Contract (possibility of extension)
Pay Rate: $40.00 - $44.00 per hour