Test Engineer- Automation
4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
Role: Automated Test Engineer
Location: Okemos, MI
Type: 12-Month Contract +
- To create, maintain and execute test cases while participating in the validation of functional and non-functional requirements in an Agile development environment.
- Must have at least 3 years selenium
- This is a Sr. position. This person will be required to perform these functions with little direction/guidance and mentor others.
- 8 years’ + experience required.
- Design acceptance tests, from functional requirements, that clearly convey the business user’ s intent to the entire Agile development team.
- Perform manual exploratory and acceptance testing of new features being iteratively developed.
- Participate in triage process, fully reproducing production issues, communicating workarounds, developing missing test scenarios and validating fixes; accurately submitting and maintaining defects in the appropriate repository.
- Participate on an agile development team to incrementally deliver business value.
- Maintain all documentation related to the manual and automated testing process in the designated library.
- Associates degree with coursework in computer science or information systems and three years' related work experience in application testing. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Basic knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Advanced computer skills including but not limited to: Windows OS, MS Office, Internet/Web based applications (IE, Firefox), Email
- Proven skills in writing test cases and validating features in parallel with development
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Use independent judgment and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.