9831 South 51st Street Phoenix, AZ 85044
Software Test Engineer
The position will be responsible for both creating test scripts for validating test cases as well creating traditional test cases from requirements. The engineer will work closely with requirements teams to understand functional and interface specifications, and with validation teams in the support of creation and execution of test plans. The engineer will need to be comfortable with Python and have knowledge of creating programmatic test scripts. Additionally, will work with Rational RTC & RQM tools. As well as Telematics units and Automotive CAN tools and bus analyzers. Looking for a technical expert, who is a self-starter with an innate aptitude for technology. A resilient confident technical professional/leader, who feels comfortable working in a team of professionals and has a lot of pride in their personal effectiveness and contributions. A person with a ‘ can do’ attitude and believes that they can solve any problem given the time and resources
- Software Requirements and Design analysis for integration and test purposes
- Creating integration and test plans
- Create test cases from requirements
- Input of test cases and test results into formal test case database
- Work closely with local requirement, development, and test teams
- Creation and execution of automated test scripts
- Interpret test case results and work with development to record and identify defects.
- Ad hoc triage of system issues
- Gather and interpret information from all component interfaces.
- Create test scenarios to identify resource dependencies or conflicts
- Work with Rational RTC & RQM
- Familiar with Vehicle Infotainment and validation of Infotainment systems.
- Testing infotainment system related items on the bench
- Analyze Requirements and write automated test scripts (Python experience preferred)
- Writing Test Cases
- Minimum 5-7 years in software test applicable experience.
- System test experience: including test generation, test script creation, automated and manual test execution, and logging of test results.
- Preferred experience with vehicle bus tools, preferably VehicleSpy or Vector CAN tools
- Preferred experience with automotive infotainment systems, including infotainment validation and hardware configuration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work with outside teams.
- Highly adaptable and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to read hardware design spec and configure hardware to spec.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Rational SW tool chain – DNG, RTC, RQM
- Skills in scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Shell
- Good working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree. Advanced degrees preferred
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)