UI/UX Product Designer
900 Sylvan Ave. Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Are you familiar with one of the world' s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a UI/UX Designer looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the entertainment industry?
ektello is looking for a UI/UX Product Designer for one of our top multimedia clients in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
You will be a core member of our client' s newly formed in-house, user experience consultancy – a multi-disciplinary team that is laying the groundwork for user experience, digital product development, and interaction design practices within the organization. You will report to the Director of User Experience & Design and will work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to help shape the user experience and design of Carbon, the content management system that our client uses to publish content across our website, apps, and other digital platforms. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional UX portfolio, a strong understanding of system design, a passion for understanding the needs of users, and an awareness of how improving our tools can make it easier to produce world-class journalism.
As a Product Designer, you’ ll be expected to tackle difficult user experience problems. You will be expected to think holistically and encourage your teams and fellow designers to think beyond what they’ re building through thoughtful critiques and discussions. As a team member, we will look to you to actively contribute to your team while forming a strong partnership with cross-functional team members to take ownership of the design and user experience of our content management system and related tools. As a designer, you will need to think holistically and have a good sense for when to apply established patterns and styles, when to evolve them, and when to create brand new ones. You’ ll identify and help correct product inconsistencies, on both the visual and experience side.
• Conduct user experience research with our internal users, including reporters, editors, copy editors and web producers
• Own the user experience of our internal tools, creating user flows, wireframes, and mockups or prototypes as needed
• Create design solutions that enable us to build delightful tools that users didn’ t realize they need
• Develop a library of commonly-used interface patterns to ensure consistency across the platform
• Collaborate with CMS engineers on the implementation of features
• 2-5+ years of digital product and interaction design experience (previous CMS design experience is a huge plus)
• Cross-browser and cross-device development experience.
• Have experience (and are comfortable with) conducting rapid and effective design solutions in a startup or similarly fast-paced environment • “ Start with Why” - You understand how to ask the right questions to get data that uncovers critical insights
• Able to provide case studies of work that show complex and creative UX solutions, exceptional interaction design, and reliable information architecture
• An in-depth understanding, and basic competency with CSS and HTML
• Outstanding visual and typographic sensibility, paired with a knack for shaping efficient and useful interfaces.
• Love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
• Believe that product and design decisions are inextricably linked
• Enjoy shipping small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions
• Are curious, sharp, and aware; steadfast in defense of both the user experience and the editorial brand, but flexible in managing and balancing technical and business requirements.
• Communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience (engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.)
• Have an established, repeatable and shareable design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and product teams
Technical Recruiter – Digital|Creative|Marketing
With my experience as a recruiter, I understand that a new role can change your life. I strive to learn your core values, your personality, and your vision to find the position that aligns best with what you want!