665 Clyde Avenue Mountain View, CA 94043
ektello is working with a leader in mobile, TV & Home Theater, computing, and appliance technology to find a UX Researcher for their growing and fast-paced team. This is a 6 month contract located in Mountain View, California. The rate is competitive, and while on contract, ektello offers paid holidays, vacation days, and medical benefit options.
As a UX Researcher, you will work with the research lead in a cross-disciplinary team to support research work for innovative consumer products.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Testing the accuracy and completeness of product apps/devices
- Work with the research lead to identify the key scenarios for product apps/devices
- Perform testing scenarios while documenting and video recording each scenario to create an accurate verifiable time-stamped record
- Work with research lead to acquire the log data for the known product during the time period of the performed scenarios
- Compare the recorded scenarios with the log data and note discrepancies
- Put together a detailed report describing discrepancies between scenarios and log data together with an analysis and summary of problems and recommendations
- Work with research lead to report to the appropriate team(s)
- Assist lead researcher with research projects including usability studies, surveys, in-home visits, etc.
- Masters degree or equivalent training in an accredited college or university in Experimental, Applied, or Cognitive Psychology; Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Ergonomics or a related field
- 1 + years of experience (including in-school experience) conducting research on consumer products
- Able to plan, conduct, moderate, analyze and present results of empirical research studies with human participants