400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a UX Researcher for one of the most iconic clients in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
In this role you will help shape our design goals, measure designs against those goals and help us better understand our users, their needs and their expectations. We are looking for someone who loves to conduct testing sessions, dig deep in analyzing those sessions and surface findings that we can use in a rapid iterative manner with high attention to detail and within an extremely collaborative environment. Our User Experience team is diverse and engaged, so you’ ll work closely with a mix of other UX Designers, UX Strategists, Product Managers and developers.
- Test and validate to ensure our designs are usable and intuitive while meeting the needs of our customers while meeting business objectives.
- Work with a variety of internal teams to better understand our users and their needs.
- Follow, enhance and champion our Experience Testing Framework to ensure we always put the customer first.
- Work closely with the User Experience team to ensure our suite of products remains measurably consistent where they need to be and differentiated as needed.
- Serve as User testing evangelist across the organization.
- Maintain a strong focus on developing uncompromising test instruments such that they follow sound measurement principals and deliver clear direction and measures.
- Help develop, maintain and champion baseline measures for our channels.
- Experience establishing test criteria against business goals for mobile, desktop, wearable interfaces.
Experience conducting the following testing:
- Formal usability testing.
- Guerrilla usability testing.
- Card Sorts.
- Tree Tests.
- Focus groups.
- Group testing.
- Remote user testing.
- Strong understanding of statistics (confidence intervals, correlations, etc.).
- Experience leveraging web analytics for behavioral analysis.
- Good understanding of user experience and interaction principals.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet milestones
- and deadlines.
- Aptitude for communicating findings effectively and efficiently both “ up” and “ across”
- an organization.
- Experienced in tools of the trade, e.g. Morae, Silverback, Optimal Sort, Tree Jack, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years conducting user testing.
- Minimum 2 years conducting usability tests.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience testing on mobile devices.