Universal Orlando - Software Developer - Highly Skilled
1000 Universal Studios Plaza Orlando, FL 32819
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Backend Developer - Node.JS Developer looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the entertainment industry?
ektello is looking for a Backend Developer - Node.JS Developer for one of our top multimedia clients in Orlando, FL! Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more!
Our client is looking for a Node.js Developer to join their backend team. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic developer eager to learn and grow his/her skills in the field.
** THIS OPPORTUNITY IS A 6 MONTH W2 CONTRACT, CANDIDATES MUST NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP **
- Experience building and using RESTful Web Services
- Build, maintain, and evolve REST APIs, core libraries, and services
- Collaborate with engineers to identify pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices
- Participate in Agile Ceremonies as part of a Scaled Agile delivery environment
- Drive the delivery quality systems utilizing Unit Testing, TDD, and performance testing
Skills And Qualifications
- Strong communicator with both technical and non-technical peers
- Significant experience designing, building, and using REST APIs documented with Swagger
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Document DBs (CouchDB preferred) and Relational DBs (MSSQL preferred)
- Intimate knowledge of CI processes and systems (Jenkins preferred)
- Proficient understanding of version control systems (Git preferred)
- Demonstrated in-depth experience with e-Commerce and web application technologies, especially in the areas of writing high performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Significant Microservices experience with Node.js, Ready API, SOAP UI, etc.
- Able to demonstrate expert level experience creating and executing Unit Tests, API Tests and contract testing and integration testing
- Familiar with working in Agile environments
- Familiarity and working experience with Kafka messaging a plus
- Experience with other programming languages a plus (Python, AngularJS)