Validation Engineer - HVAC & Powertrain
30001 Van Dyke Ave warren, Michigan 48093
Validation Engineer - HVAC & Powertrain Cooling Components
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry? Are you also an expert in HVAC & Powertrain systems?
ektello is looking for a Validation Engineer – HVAC & Powertrain for one of the most iconic client in Warren, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
This position will require the candidate to communicate and present to a variety of groups within the OEM, as well as the Suppliers that support the HVAC and Powertrain Cooling Components program. They will be working with 24 individuals daily and other groups of 7 outside their organization.
- Lead Analysis/Development/Validation (ADV) Subteam process for assigned vehicle programs/partitions.
- Develop and maintain partition ADV Plan/Schedule
- Lead test hardware reduction process for partitions
- Take appropriate action on issues, lead recovery plan efforts as necessary
- Provide ADV partition assessment for PDT/PIT
- Execute Validation Sign-off Process
- Provide technical leadership across platform groups
- 2 - 4 years of experience working within a Lab test environment or Internship working with HVAC, electrical mechanical or vibration testing; Areas of expertise include: Testing, Design, Analysis
- Bachelor Degree in Science Engineering preferred if the candidate wishes to be hired direct at some point.
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level
- Must be able to present, and communicate plans for troubleshooting issues and be able to explain the resolution that will be used to solve the problem.
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally; Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Strong knowledge of automotive engineering methodology
- Reliability testing experience would be a plus.
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract
Environment: Working within a team of 24 people among 23 other validation engineers; Working product development teams of 5 - 7
Preferred Work Schedule: Flexible, 8 hours / day between 6: 30AM and 5PM
** MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER' S LICENSE**