Validation Engineer / Transmissions & Engines
Pontiac Engineering Center GPS - 850 North Glenwood Ave - Bldg C Pontiac, Michigan 48340
Validation Engineer/Transmissions and Engines
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Validation Engineer for one of the most iconic client in Pontiac, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Build Room coordinator on first shift working with Union build technicians to assemble and disassemble transmissions as their primary job
- Responsible for setting up a schedule every day for 2 shifts of builders
- Responsible for aligning each shift and determining who works on what, schedule development testing working with engineers and scheduling development testing for transmissions.
- Candidate will be working in a very fast paced environment. Will be responsible for keeping things organized and progressing forward in a very fast paced environment.
- Lead Analysis/Development/Validation (ADV) Subteam process for assigned vehicle programs/partitions
- Develop and maintain partition ADV Plan/Schedule
- Lead test hardware reduction process for partitions
- Take appropriate action on issues, lead recovery plan efforts as necessary
- Provide ADV partition assessment for PDT/PIT
- Execute Validation Sign-off Process
- Provide technical leadership across platform groups
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross culturally
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Strong knowledge of automotive engineering methodology
- Position related experience - 8 years
- Relevant auto industry experience required - Entry level (< 1 year)
- Past client work experience required - Entry level (< 1 year)
- Areas of expertise include: Testing, Design, Analysis
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Familiarity with transmissions and engines (SA bot team, dealer technicians, hobyst level, etc.)
- This is a Coordinating role. Candidate should have scheduling experience across groups (labs, engineers, and technicians, etc.)