Validation Engineer 4A
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Validation Engineer 4A
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Validation Engineer for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Responsible for executing test procedures for telematics and Connected infotainment products.
- Reviews test specifications and document issues/recommendations.
- Create test procedures based on specifications released and update procedures based on Change Requests or Engineering Change proposals.
- Participates in root cause analysis with suppliers and provides production support to identify system and implementation issues.
- Provides testing of wireless functions/applications for telematics and infotainment products
- Performs complex design analysis using DFMEAS and various validation tools available.
- Develops validation designs including alternatives to manual testing
- Schedule in vehicle testing based on availability of vehicles provided by GVBR.
- Executes both in-vehicle and bench testing including functional and reliability testing
- Designs and balances system test procedures.
- Meets deadlines for production intent product timing
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments and suppliers.
- Participate in issue resolution calls to analyze the fixes.
- Prioritize, validation of products based on VTC and SORP dates.
- Collaborate with cross functional leads in diagnosing system integration issues.
- Track upcoming Back-Office releases, IT change requests and new feature content roll out to assess validation impacts
- Review Back-Office requirements (i.e. Stories/Narratives) and create/modify test strategy, test plan, test scripts and test scenarios
- Lead Analysis/Development/Validation (ADV) Subteam process for assigned vehicle programs/partitions.
- Develop and maintain partition ADV Plan/Schedule
- Lead test hardware reduction process for partitions
- Take appropriate action on issues, lead recovery plan efforts as necessary
- Provide ADV partition assessment for PDT/PIT
- Execute Validation Sign-off Process
- Provide technical leadership across platform groups
- Understanding of the Vehicle Development Process
- Working knowledge of Performance integration and infotainment systems.
- Ability to work with various tool tracking mechanisms to open issues.
- Analytical and program coordination problem solving skills is a plus.
- Preferably with some or in-depth knowledge in Bluetooth, WIFI and TCP layer protocols.
- Understanding of engineering concepts and proficiency in project planning preferred.
- Ability to apply understanding of automotive engineering terms.
- Ability to work independently with specific direction and make decisions based on general practices and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others including global partners.
- Preferred up to 2 years' related work experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering a must.
- Master of Science in Engineering preferred.
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis.
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level.
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level.
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills.
- Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
- Strong knowledge of automotive engineering methodology.
- Position related experience - 8 years.
- Relevant auto industry experience required - Entry level (< 1 year).
- Past client work experience required - Entry level (< 1 year).
- Areas of expertise include: Testing, Design, Analysis.