29755 Louis Chevrolet Rd. - VEC Warren, MI 48093
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Validation Engineer for one of the most iconic clients in Warren, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing test procedures for Telematics and Connected Infotainment products.
- Reviews test specifications and document issues/recommendations.
- Create test procedures based on specifications released and update procedures based on Change Requests or Engineering Change proposals.
- Participates in root cause analysis with suppliers and provides production support to identify system and implementation issues; Take appropriate action on issues, lead recovery plan efforts as necessary
- Provides testing of wireless functions/applications for Telematics and Infotainment products
- Performs complex design analysis using DFMEAS and various validation tools available.
- Develops validation designs, including alternatives to manual testing
- Schedules in-vehicle testing based on availability of vehicles provided by GVBR.
- Executes both in-vehicle and bench testing including functional and reliability testing
- Designs and balances system test procedures.
- Meets deadlines for production intent product timing
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments and suppliers.
- Participate in issue resolution calls to analyze the fixes.
- Prioritize validation of products based on VTC and SORP dates.
- Collaborate with cross functional leads in diagnosing system integration issues.
- Track upcoming Back-Office releases, IT change requests and new feature content roll out to assess validation impacts; Review Back-Office requirements (i.e. Stories/Narratives) and create/modify test strategy, test plan, test scripts and test scenarios
- Execute Validation Sign-off Process
- Understanding of the Vehicle Development Process
- Working knowledge of Performance Integration and Infotainment systems.
- Ability to work with various tool tracking mechanisms to open issues.
- Analytical and program coordination problem solving skills is a plus.
- Preferably with some or in-depth knowledge in Bluetooth, WIFI and TCP layer protocols.
- Working knowledge of Performance Integration related applications
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Intermediate level)
- Understanding of engineering concepts and proficiency in project planning preferred.
- Ability to apply understanding of automotive engineering terms.
- Ability to work independently with specific direction and make decisions based on general practices and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others including global partners
- Preferred up to 2 years' related work experience
Required Education /Licenses
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering a must; Master of Science in Engineering preferred
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis (Must have a valid Driver’ s License)
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)
Pay Rate: $30/hour maximum pay rate