Web Solutions Architect
Mountain View Mountian View, CA 94043
Web Solutions Architect
ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering the client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
A global, industry-leading company looking to bring in a web solutions architect to evaluate and recommend changes to existing web infrastructure on a group of sub-sites on a Top 400 destination. These sub-sites see a large number of unique users per month, but the navigation between the sites and the design language is inconsistent. The goal is to design and deploy an experience across all sites that allows internal creators to add content easily while visitors can find the content they need. This is a high-profile position that would require making informed decisions and defending those decisions with a group of peers.
- Research and design a web architecture using modern tools and frameworks. In this sense, “ design” means the technical architecture, not the visual layout.
- Recommend appropriate web tools, frameworks, and services that can be implemented and developed in a secure and scalable fashion.
- Oversee and coordinate the efforts of development teams in Europe, North America, and SE Asia, including third-party vendors. Evaluate the efficacy of existing third-party vendors.
- Create a web infrastructure implementation which can support 99.9% or greater uptime.
- Mentor junior staff and recommend best practices for development and deployment.
- Work closely with program managers to resolve issues, validate program requirements and prepare estimates to execute plans.
- Secure the architectural integrity of the platform by making recommendations to improve process and providing input to architectural designs. Ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility of the overall system.
- Plan and manage execution of architecture migrations.
- Define and document the interactions between the system and their relationships to the core business workflows and data.
- 5 -10 years of serving in a Web Architect (or similar) role
- Familiarity with popular and emerging web languages, tools, frameworks and deployment processes
- Understanding of OAuth, Single Sign On, cloud hosting providers, and DevOps
- Familiarity with responsive design supporting mobile device access
- Familiarity with integrating other SaaS-based solutions (CRM, Ticketing, etc.)
- Bachelor’ s degree or greater in engineering / CS or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Understand components of Amazon Web Services, S3 and EC2, Cloudwatch
- Ability to diagnose network protocol failures remotely
- Building an effective DevOps configuration that provides isolated development, staging, and production environments
- Implementing secure remote access protocols