eCommerce Category Manager
85 Challenger Road Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
eCommerce Category Manager
**Long term W2 contract, onsite Ridgefield Park, NJ **
Responsible for the category development and profitable growth of our client' s direct-to-consumer (DtC) business. Key areas of responsibility include: P&L management, DtC strategy development and implementation, cross-functional promotional and product development, supply chain and operational management, identifying and driving operational efficiencies, and and building a best-in-class shopping experience,
What you' ll do:
- Manage DtC business category: lead all aspects category development including P&L, top line growth, promotional and marketing plans, internal / external / HQ partnerships, supply chain and distribution, and long term growth strategy.
- Build: create a best-in-class shopping experience for your business by partnering with internal stakeholders across Merchandising, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Analytics, and Customer Service; always optimizing and focusing and removing purchase barriers and creating a customer-centric, shopping experience.
- Optimize: develop data-drive perspectives on the end-to-end operations of the business, from upper-funnel marketing and merchandising, to on-site path-to-purchase and experience, through conversion, fulfillment and customer service; identify areas of opportunity and work cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies.
- Innovate: think outside-the-box, leverage data, and build insights to create business cases to build scalable products and promotions to drive the growth of your business; develop functional capabilities to test, learn, and iterate to accelerate category growth.
Who you are:
- Passionate business leader who can see the big picture and be a world-class operator. You combine both vision and execution and have a relentless focus on driving in-year results while building long-term strategic plans.
- Data-driven, customer-centric, story-teller who is passionate about leveraging insights to make recommendations and drive change. You always think about the customer first and are persistent in the pursuit of improving her/his experience.
- Digitally savvy and passionate about the intersection of technology and consumer products. You have a relentless focus on optimization and improvement, and always approach business challenges thinking- is there a better way?
- Collaborative, team builder with high organizational EQ who can work cross-functionally and can quickly develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
What you' ll need:
- Knowledge and passion for direct-to-consumer eCommerce business practices and operations. Digital UI/UX enhancements experience a plus.
- Product/Trade/Category Marketing experience for Technology, Consumer Product and/or Consumer Electronics is highly desirable. Management Consulting experience a plus.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional teams and navigate matrixed organizations.
- Strong analytical, data-driven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines. In addition, must be able to manage multiple projects and often competing priorities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with Tableau and Confluence a plus.
- 8 - 10 years of equivalent work experience required.
- College degree required; MBA a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.