400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Senior iOS Developer
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Senior iOS Developer for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work… just-in-time
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
- Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
- Test-drive code (Test Driven Development)
- Pair program with different people in many situations
- Report status of assigned software development tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as functional/acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
- Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations
- Work with a team of software craftsman creating mobile experiences that client customers love.
- Have an impact shipping your code to millions of customers around the globe who drive our client’ s vehicles.
- Work on exciting new technologies such as Watch OS, Car Play, and Swift.
- Most likely 3+ years of experience on a team developing native iOS app(s) available in the app store
- Proven experience/responsibility for design and architectural decisions of app
- Experience with Swift in a Production Application
- Experience with Objective C in a Production Application
- Experience developing apps that interact with Web Services (REST, XML/JSON)
- Experience with native iOS UI development for phones and tablets (multi-resolution support; resource utilization such as images, layouts, strings)
- Proven knowledge and practical application of design patterns
- The ability to identify and write appropriate tests leveraging mocking/spying frameworks for isolation of the subject component
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- BS in Computer Science or other field of study and applicable work experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience as a software developer on production project
- Experience working on Agile development teams following Scrum
- Experience working on a team following Extreme Programming (XP) practices
- Experience writing automated functional tests against a mobile app
- Experience mentoring team members in the adoption and practice of XP
- Awareness of the iOS UI/UX guidelines and platform specific UI constructs/widgets (able to visualize platform specific approach to UI design given a user story)
- Experience with mapping and search providers
- Experience with Internationalization and Localization