Assoc Production Engineering Ops
Dulles, VA 20166
Assoc Production Engineering Ops
Why Join Us
Our media, technology and business platforms connect hundreds of millions of people around the world to the things they love. With apps and sites like Sports, Finance, Fantasy, Mail and more and a powerful, open platform that connects brands and publishers to passionate fans, we’ re all about putting an exclamation point on what you’ re into.
As an Incident Response Engineer, you will be the first customer facing responder for CDN application, streaming and network problems. You must develop a strong knowledge of Internet and networking protocols along with excellent communication skills, allowing you to perform troubleshooting of caching and streaming problems directly with customers.
- Respond, troubleshoot and escalate customer reported technical issues related to Edgecast Content Delivery Network
- Independently work with customers and internal escalation teams to troubleshoot customer issues within Service Level Agreement timeframes.
- Respond to customer reported issues, questions within 15 minutes via ticketing system and/or phone.
- Actively triage and manage Incident queue - ensuring that issues are addressed with urgency and in accordance with SLA requirements
- Actively process and manage SSL change tickets and escalations according to established guidelines, standards, and SLA requirements
- Actively review and attempt to determine whether disputed abuse content or activity represents a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues
- Maintain constant, open, communication with other members of the team and the shift lead.
- Maintain a respectful workplace and adhere to all HR policies including those referring to time off, and attendance.
- Continue to learn and update the internal knowledge base of new content delivery solutions.
- Participate in knowledge sharing amongst the team through various means to help build exceptional 24/7 customer support team
- Bachelor' s Degree degree in a computer related field or relevant experience
2+ years professional experience in technical support, engineering, or NOC role.
- Functional understanding of HTTP/S, HTTP/2, and use of relevant debugging tools (cURL, wget, nc, openssl, browser debug tools, using HAR)
- Experience troubleshooting SSL certificate implementation issues
- Understanding of common network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP) and use of relevant debugging tools (netcat, telnet, mtr, traceroute, tcpdump, tshark, wireshark).
- Possess a basic understanding of web environments and architectures along with knowledge of HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, RTMP, FTP, and other internet protocols
- Experience with multiple operating systems ( Unix/Linux Windows, MacOS )
- Ability to manage multiple issues with varying priorities / complexities while working to adhere to customer SLA
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively disseminate information to varying audiences
- Demonstrated Customer support excellence
- Willingness to work any shift (morning/swing/night), weekends, and holidays.