Business Analyst II with a Library Science Degree
6453 Stephenson Way Alexandria, VA 22312
Business Analyst with BA in Library Science
- Applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures to complete assignments of moderate to high complexity (as further described in the following point).
- Works on assignments where the business and technology problems, opportunities, and solutions may be unclear, unknowns exist, novel and untested answers may be required, the schedule may be aggressive, the stakes and visibility may be moderately high, and the risk of failure is moderately high.
- Planning, Communication, Problem Solving, Business Case, Production and Technical Support, Standards and Policies
- Collaborates with product or project teams, business partners and IT leaders, and may lead planning efforts related to their work.
- Investigates and develops ideas and positions on technology and business issues independently.
- Manages ambiguity and creates accurate project effort estimates.
- Works closely with project teams to develop communication materials such as presentations and written and oral communications.
- Works closely with Product Managers and Engineers to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- May review and edit communications of more junior Analysts.
- Investigates, resolves, and escalates problems.
- Gathers data to support recommendations to address problems, with appropriate contingency plans.
- Develops recommendations for resolution of problems and reviews recommendations with team.
- Identifies and provides technical expertise to resolve issues and assists in ensuring all issues are resolved with minimum impact to the success of the solution.
- Articulates the business impact of opportunities and problems through financial and non-financial analysis to form compelling business cases.
- Clearly communicates the organization’ s options through the business case making full use of external research and industry-specific trends.
- Clearly articulates recommendations and benefits in business language and measures the contribution of projects to business value.
- Reviews checklists and scripts and updates as needed.
- Reviews and complies with standards, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborates to establish standards, guidelines, and procedures for Analysts.
- Coordinates communications regarding new and revised policies and standards.
Knowledge, Information and Content Management
- Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Creates, captures, manages, and shares information.
- Reviews and proofreads documents for accuracy.
- May draft use-cases.
Research/ Evaluation and Mentoring
- Keeps current with new and emerging technologies in assigned areas of focus.
- Analyzes technology trends in assigned areas of focus to determine impact to the achievement of business goals.
- Researches and identifies best practices in areas of focus.
- Collaborates with Procurement and may co-lead vendor evaluations.
- Interfaces with vendors to keep abreast of new technologies, pricing, and customer applicability.
- Receives and acts on feedback.
- Provides support, training, and problem-solving assistance to other Analysts.
- Aligns technology solutions with business strategies comprised of moderate to complex business processes.
- Works with Product Managers and the business units to identify and document business requirements.
- Prioritizes business line demands.
- Translates business requirements into functionality.
- Provides business partners with an accurate view of challenges to end-user buy-in under the guidance of Product Managers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Library Science.
- Typically requires 6 or more years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of business operations, systems requirements and IT processes and technologies.
- Requires technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Has familiarity with processes, tools, and frameworks.
Location: Alexandria, VA (Must be local) | Hybrid (Tues / Thurs in office) | Remote initially
Duration: 6+ month contract