Data Engineer 5
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
Why Join Us
Our client is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, they are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, network systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. Our client is also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. Since being established in 1969, Our Client has grown into one of the world’ s leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top 10 global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and our client takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth.
The senior content engineer will be responsible for the playout and/or rebroadcasting of either FAST or VOD content, to multiple OTT clients, from content partners, tech-integrators, and 1st party offerings.
- Work with regional Ops teams to get pre-launch requirements and inputs.
- Setup FAST or VOD content using a combination of AWS and internal tools for launch.
- Post launch, provide support for monitoring, auditing, and reports
- Fix issues raised by customers and customer support teams, isolate the cause and work towards a fix.
- Participate in meetings with other staff members to evaluate, plan, and troubleshoot; and to ensure proper interface between software, systems and operational performance.
- Day to day interfacing with content ops debugging and developing solutions to on-board content partners media.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Commercial grade software and end-to-end problem solving
- MUST HAVE Knowledge of H.264, H.265 and other encoding profiles
- MUST HAVE 3+ years of either AWS or Azure
- MUST HAVE 3+ years of content engineering experience in a large scale production environment
- Responsible for launches of FAST or VOD content on a commercial product
- Knowledge of HLS, Dash, and FFMPEG is a MUST
- Experience working with DRM is a plus
- Experience of VAST, VMAP, and DAI is a plus
- Widevine certification is a huge plus
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is a plus
- Ability to solve problems in a fast paced and dynamic environment with focus on maintaining high quality and standards.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, Go, Node.js, Python is a plus
- Able to communicate in writing or orally complex technical matters to an audience of equal or higher level technical competency.
- Strong ability to debug unfamiliar FAST or VOD content and isolate problems
HYBRID** Candidates can be located in Mountain View, CA, Plano, TX or NYC