Data Entry/Analyst / Rightsline Data Specialist (Part-time)
1225 South Clark Street Arlington, VA 22202
Rightsline Data Specialist
The Rightsline Data Specialist is responsible for managing and tracking program financial data, regularly developing comprehensive reports on program funding sources, and promptly coordinating funder change requests across PBS platforms.
This individual will work collaboratively with media member stations, media content producers, and across media departments, including Programming, Finance, Legal, T&O, and Digital, to ensure robust records are maintained.
- Document program content funding data via daily funder recordkeeping. Record approved program funding arrangements in Rightsline system (database for licensable IP data and contracts).
- Collaborate with broadcast and digital program teams on oversight of program funding deliverables from external and internal content producers.
- Develop and implement process and workflow improvements. In concert with the company-wide user community, contribute to development of PBS data management software platform, including initiation and oversight of system improvements, issue reporting, and testing new software builds.
- Build and maintain funding reporting capacity, including regular assembly of funder data and reporting, along with analysis on a project-by-project basis (including quarterly financial reporting and annual carriage reporting)
- Work with program producers, external fundraising teams, and PBS program and operations groups to coordinate on-air and online funder change requests and updates.
- Support a variety of PBS teams and external producers by providing and vetting language for use in non-content funder identifications, such as press releases, content marketing, and event signage.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience with data management and reporting, with familiarity with rights or content management software platforms
- Familiarity with media production and the principles of noncommercial media
- Data analytics and visualization experience preferred.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in related field.
- Proficiency in PC environment, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially MS Excel, along with strong familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in basic research and analysis
- Strong organizational skills, with a priority on detail and consistency
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and requests
- Experience with the ability to work productively under pressure
- Capability to build and foster relationships with diverse teams
Location: Arlington, VA (Hybrid)
Work Schedule: Part-time | ~20 hours per week
Pay Rate: ~$20.00 per hour
Duration: 8+ month W2 contract