Job Category: Other
Job Number: 18397
Title: Engineering Project Manager – VERY HANDS-ON ROLE!
Location: Detroit, Michigan (Remote/Work-from-Home role – But MUST be local to Michigan)
Travel: 25% Domestic Travel Required to Client Sites – local to Detroit and Ann Arbor, MI
Job Type: Full-time, W2 (our client CANNOT offer visa sponsorship now or in the future)
Health Insurance: All covered insurance for the employee and the employee’s family
About the company: Our client is a leading eMobility company with a unique and revolutionary EV-Charging solution. They are seeking an experienced Technical HANDS-ON Project Manager to join their U.S. team. The company provides wireless charging systems that charge electric vehicles while driving. It's a multidisciplinary system that includes aspects of mechanics, software, electronics, and HV electricity.
The candidate will need to have a technical background (Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering) and will also have proven experience in planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. They will also have experience in effectively monitoring and presenting project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members. Most importantly, they will be able to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and oversee the technology across all sites, and oversee deployment and operation of charging infrastructure. This candidate will need to have previous experience in the U.S. EV industry.
Responsibilities: You will be leading the company’s one-of-a-kind electric road integration and implementation projects alongside multidisciplinary teams and valued clients and partners.
- Leading design, installation, operation, and demonstrations with customers and partners at various locations throughout Michigan.
- Lead deployed system troubleshooting and maintenance, address fleet and customer issues.
- Document concisely and clearly project delivery plans and communicate with all stakeholders to enable successful project delivery.
- Prioritize and solve project problems in a systematic and organized manner.
- Oversee project results to ensure relevant quality standards are attained across all areas of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, and/or civil engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years and an ideal 10 years of total hands-on work experience.
- Hands-on Technical Project Management experience and a proven track record of successfully delivering projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Complex troubleshooting skills (electrical, software, & mechanical) – must have ALL three.
- Extensive experience reading and dealing with electrical AND mechanical schematics.
- Ability to be proactive and creative in problem solving, with excellent human relations skills (including verbal and written), and the ability to manage customer relations is essential.
- Experience in performing Gantts and building schedules.
- Proven experience in managing and leading a development and construction team.
- Experience in working and managing subcontractors.
- Technical and theoretical knowledge of electronics.
- Ability to work in a start-up and multicultural environment.
- Ability to travel 25%-30% when necessary.
- Highly independent role – must be comfortable working alone for long periods of time.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in the U.S. EV Charging market highly desired.
- Experience working with EV design and/or testing.
- Experience working with EV charging and infrastructure integration.