23400 Halsted Road
Job Category: Other
Job Number: 17602
Where: Farmington Hills, MI
What: Contract to Hire (W2)
Pay: $35-45/HR (Negotiable)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Paid Holidays
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a technical/engineering discipline is preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered
- 7+ years of relevant controls hardware design experience
- Strong experience designing control panel layouts with either AutoCAD Electrical or Eplan is a must. Preference is to have experience in both
- Prior experience leading small teams is a plus
- PLC Programming experience is helpful but not required
- Create electrical drawing packages for different types of equipment/machinery both from scratch and using customer standards and templates. Experience designing control panel layouts is a must.
- Responsible for the completeness of hardware design prior to build, ensuring reduced debug project phases.
- Ability to perform calculations for load, heat, and power including transfer loads for transformers
- Familiar with ARC Flash calculations
- Understand and strictly follow the standards and specifications for the design of controls hardware of the end user.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical drawings, pneumatic drawings, and mechanical sequence of operations and use them to design the electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic prints as required.
- Understand safety concepts and safety requirements to ensure proper implementation during the design phase. (NFPA79, UL508)
- Provide accurate Bill of Materials as part of design, adhering to customer specification or documenting deviation acceptance from customer as required.
- Support manufacturing during the startup and integration phase.
- Generate machine lockout placards based on end-user specifications and best practice.
- Aid the software designer in understanding hardware architecture and critical designs.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.