Java Systems Developer
400 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48265
Java Systems Developer – CCMS
8 positions total
About the CCMS Team:
At Connected Consumer Mobility Solutions (CCMS), employees develop the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety, and even autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and a vehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requires an architecture that can support over 900, 000 vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. 4G LTE capability has been described as an " untapped, under-appreciated opportunity" valued at $350M in improved 2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game changing to the consumer, to the industry and to the company.
About the Role
The Java Systems Developer role will involve close interaction with the Systems Architect, Development Team Leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. This role requires a strong foundation in J2EE with SQL experience. The Java Systems Developers will provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data, and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to and learn more about the Global Connected Consumer.
- Must have 3+ years relevant experience in the business environment of software development experience in Java services – Strong Core Java skills and JEE Business Solutions - Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work.
- Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, MicroServices, 12 Factor Apps, Apache.
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture; Ability to design, develop and implement scalable, elastic microservice based platforms.
- 10+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 4+ years’ experience SQL/Oracle
- 3+ years’ experience with OO analysis and design experience
- 3+ years’ experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoring tools. SiteScope and HP Enterprise Operations Bridge Manager is a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience Linux/Unix shell scripting and/or Python.
- 2+ years’ experience creating and running JUnit Tests.
- 1+ year experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana.
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN, Git or TFS).
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, build pipelines, GitFlow, etc.); Experience with Groovy, Kubernetes or Docker containers is a plus.
- Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming); Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review.
- Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP) & WebLogic, including working knowledge with WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Proficiency with Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket, and Maven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- Must have a minimum of a 4-year College degree from an Accredited Institution - preferably in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Data Analytics or Statistics or equivalent experience.
- Development on high performance multi-tiered architectures (in Java)
- Experience with both real time and batch systems
- Experience with distributed technologies such as Oracle Coherence
- Experience with Performance Tuning
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 12+ month contract
12506 / 12516