1. Business Acumen and Impact • Understand and help meet quarterly and annual revenue, profit and market share goals • Strong Business Acumen to fully understand business issues to tackle and provide meaningful, impactful recommendations • Ability to engage and influence different levels and functional stakeholders
2. Research Capabilities • Comprehensive, up to date research and analytical techniques and methodologies (notably Primary research, quantitative and qualitative). Syndicated research experience a plus • Superior Consumer research experience, knowledge of Shopper/Retail research capabilities • Ability to effectively manage projects with some supervision and guidance from manager to achieve team goals and complete work assignments within established time frames
3. Personal Attitude o High confidence, proactivity and positive go-getter attitude o Prefers to work in a team environment o Strong bias for action, sense of urgency and results orientation o Ability to work calmly and productively in high time pressure situations
Education requirement - Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Product Management, or Related Field
Years of experience - Minimum 5+ years in Marketing Insights or Related Field (7+ years Preferred)
• The Senior Manager of Mobile Brand Insights partners with relevant business teams to provide an understanding of Consumers usage and behaviors across their Consumer Experience Journey for assigned categories. He/she gathers and analyzes consumer data and supports cross functional teams with their strategies and tactics.
• This Senior Consumer Insights Manager position supports the Mobile Computing / Mobile Enhancements category (tablets, smartwatches, headphones) and reports to the Director Mobile Brand & Shopper Insights.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Conduct research, both Primary and leverage Secondary to provide actionable insights. Independently manage most research, with support and guidance from manager on more complex studies:
o Primary: conduct research to understand and predict consumer behavior, e.g.,
Qualitative: focus groups, in-home ethnographies, 1-1 interviews, etc.
Quantitative: usage & attitude studies, segmentation, post purchase, brand health tracker, concept, creative/messaging testing, etc.
o Secondary: Gather and analyze secondary data sources to address business issues, as well as the brand health tracker
• Under supervision of the Director, help manage full scope of Research Projects including:
o Deeply understand business issues and specific questions to address them. Develop comprehensive research brief, that includes detailed learning areas and action standards, with stakeholder buy-in
o Determine and recommend best research methodology to address business questions
o Identify best vendor through appropriate RfP process (multi-vendor proposal review)
o Help negotiate best price with vendor(s), and manage internal finance process approvals
o Manage research vendor from research design (including sample, questionnaire, discussion guide), field work, analysis, reporting and presentation delivery; ensuring data accuracy throughout study
o Analyze and interpret data in Excel and create crisp, insightful PowerPoint charts
o Deliver strong learning, in story-like presentation format that addresses all research objectives and includes actionable recommendations within needed timelines
o Present findings and recommendations to VP-level stakeholders
• Support manager in developing Consumer Insights learning plan for the Category based on business needs and learning priorities established with key business stakeholders
Top 3 Must-Have Skills and Requirements
1. Business Acumen and Impact
o Understand and support quarterly and annual revenue, profit and market share goals achievement
o Strong Business Acumen to appropriately probe and fully understand business issues to tackle and provide meaningful, impactful recommendations
o Ability to confidently engage different levels and multi-functional stakeholders (up to Senior Director level)
2. Research Capabilities
o Comprehensive, up to date research and analytical techniques and methodologies (notably Primary research, quantitative and qualitative). Syndicated research (e.g., Nielsen, NPD) experience a plus
o Superior Consumer focused Insights and research experience; knowledge of Shopper/Retail research capabilities a plus
o Ability to effectively manage projects under very little supervision to achieve team goals and complete work assignments within established time frames
3. Personal Attitude, Collaborations
o High confidence, proactivity and positive go-getter attitude
o Strong bias for action, sense of urgency and results orientation
o Ability to work calmly and productively in high time pressure situations
o Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within CMI work group, across other company functions and with external organizations
o Bachelors degree in business administration, marketing, product management, sales, or related field.
o 5+ years experience in marketing, trade marketing, product management, sales or related field
o Electronics / Mobile Industry research experience very strongly preferred; otherwise must have consumer packaged goods (CPG) research experience OR research agency experience.
o Masters degree in business administration, marketing, product management, sales, or related field
o 7 years experience in marketing, trade marketing, product management, sales or related field
o 7 years experience analyzing consumer data and providing insights that drive business, including research methods and statistics. Mix of Client and/or agency side experience
o 1 year experience analyzing electronics including retailers.