Product researcher (CPG)
837 Washington Street New York, NY 10014
Product researcher (CPG)
Why Join Us
Our client is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, they are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, network systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. Our client is also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. Since being established in 1969, Our Client has grown into one of the world’ s leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top 10 global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and our client takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth.
In this role you will be helping design the future. Using research as a catalyst you will be evaluating people, their tools (in the form of product and tech), how well their tools are working for them, their goals in using these tools, peoples broader goals and aspirations, their UX interactions, trends in the world and in user groups, mapping the landscape of existing technology, and researching emerging technology all in order to pinpoint future needs and possibilities.
This role is half research, and half translation - a significant part of the work will be thinking about the implications of what we have learned on what is possible. This will include working with designers or other product folks to brainstorm possibilities.
- Working with a small research team, leveraging a variety of approaches and resources to conduct research that feeds new innovation design group. Taking insight and translating into output in the form of decks and/or workshop material that will be used in development of new experiences, interactions, use cases, and products. Will also do workshopping/brainstorming with design groups and throughout representing the voice and needs of the user.
- Heavy front-end strategy/category/product development research versus back-end product development research.
- A-Z experience with research - having hands-on, custom research, DIY approach. (Vendors might be used with some projects or recruitment agencies but expect projects where you will be setting the goals of research, creating discussion guides, screeners, surveys plugging things into tools like Qualtrics or D-Scout, analyzing interviews, maybe some facilitation of interviews, organizing and giving direction for stimulus (as needed) analyzing results (both qual. And quant.) Crafting findings in some kind of document and/or creating some kind of output (ex. moodboards) that are a catalyst for brainstorming.
- Research approach will be a mix and may include: Usability Testing, Category Mapping, features deep diving, Jobs to be done evaluations, competitive benchmarking research, Segmentation, Lifestyle research/deep dives, Trends analysis and forecasting etc.
- Comfortable working remote
- Experience working with product makers - from designers to product managers to engineers
- A self-starter, driven, strong relationship builder, passionate about learning and making a difference
- Good analytical approach with experience in using data/content in a qualitative and quantitative format (heavy statistical modeling etc. not required.)
- Practiced/gone through design thinking process as part of development process (from manufacturer/developer/client side - not strictly design agency side.) Conducted research feeding design thinking process. (i.e. research that feeds front end-blue sky product development.)
- Prior experience (5-8 years) working in research involving a mix of methodologies and outcomes; looking for those with design thinking research approach - worked on new/innovative projects (open-ended research)
- Looking for candidates w/ holistic research experience; experience in Consumer Insights will stand out (mix of qualitative/qualitative research)
- Consumer facing focus versus BtoB or enterprise.
- Manufacturer/developer side product/software/services experience where you were able to see how research translated into strategy and/or product development decisions and end result product/experiences. (We are less focused on UX/UI Research. Looking for candidates w/ product research experience and CPG experience; worked on innovation projects or emerging projects)
- Experience working-in emerging product categories - or on projects that were blue sky focused where research was informing new ideas, products, use cases, unmet needs or capabilities versus optimizing existing concepts.
- Passion love for tech and exploring emerging categories and undefined/unrealized spaces - from robotics in consumers lives to mixed reality. Areas that are still very much on the front end of the adoption curve.
- Experience doing deep dives into UX elements of an experience - interaction models etc.
Meet Your Recruiter
Technical Recruiter – Digital|Creative|Marketing
With my experience as a recruiter, I understand that a new role can change your life. I strive to learn your core values, your personality, and your vision to find the position that aligns best with what you want!