Washington DC Washington DC, DC 20007
Program Manager – Higher Education
Why Join Us
Founded in 1998, nextSource is a privately held woman-owned business enterprise headquartered in New York City with a strong national footprint. Our mission is to “ Advance the way the world connects with Talent” through innovative solutions that deliver extraordinary service, efficiency, cost savings, risk mitigation and access to the very best talent. nextSource goes beyond operational efficiency to provide the insights and practical innovations needed to maximize our customers’ business value across all lines of labor spend. We offer a personal, intelligent approach that resonates with Hiring Managers, Business stakeholders, Workers and Supplier partners. Our technology enabled solutions provide our customers with a comprehensive framework for managing their total contingent workforce management needs.
The Program Manager is responsible for delivering outstanding workforce solutions programs and services to assigned client(s) through our Program Teams and for expanding the scope and volume of the engagement as appropriate. The Incumbent oversees the development of account strategies and operational plans to deliver on Client(s) priorities and nextSource’ s budgeted revenue and profit targets. The Incumbent develops and maintains brand awareness and trusted advisor status by delivering on our program promises and by sharing workforce solutions expertise and insights. With personal credibility, integrity and a passion for excellence, the Program Manager gets high marks from clients for the quality of the teams and the services delivered.
- Deliver great client workforce solutions programs in compliance with its contract and SLAs and regularly communicate with clients building and strengthening relationships.
- Strategize, develop, recommend, and implement Clients’ Account Plans.
- Deliver program excellence
- Deliver operationally excellent programs. Exceed service expectations.
- Ensure contract and legal compliance.
- Keep track of, triage and resolve customer complaints working with program and service delivery teams.
- Get high ratings for program delivery resulting in Client Advocates for our client.
- Engage international supplier partners and manage client expectations around process, timing, complexity etc.
Communicate regularly with Clients
- Communicate regularly with clients to ensure that all their needs are
understood and addressed.
- Deliver accurate timely performance reporting to clients.
- Foster Top to Top relationships with clients to solidify connections and
ensure strong lines of communication and clarity of expectations and
- Illustrate and incorporate an ongoing understanding of staffing,
contingent workforce, and general human resources trends and any
of our clients initiatives in this area.
- Educate clients and program teams on the dynamics of the local
market, labor, and workforce management.
- Serve as a liaison between client stakeholders, senior
management team, payroll, billing, technology, human resources,
customer engagement/service excellence and sales
Set, meet, and exceed revenue and profit targets for the business.
- Manage the P&L effectively.
- Ensure achievement of the quarterly/ annual financial objectives related to revenue and income.
- Manage the revenue drivers of the business and ensure results achieved (e.g.,
- Manage the cost side of the business (e.g. system costs, operating expenses).
Strengthen and grow the business
- Build business with current clients by increasing fill rates and decreasing on boarding times.
- Expand – in conjunction with the clients ---program scope. Meet annual revenue targets.
- Build relationships with key decision makers within our client
- Identify new decision-makers/client contacts and enlist them as our clients supporters.
- Present workforce solution recommendation incorporating our clients best practices and leading industry trends to meet and exceed the clients-specific objectives.
- Work to ensure high adoption of programs and minimal change management
Maintain strong relationships with the Supplier and Contingent Worker
- Work with domestic and international suppliers on effective sourcing solutions for clients.
- Promote a collaborative and favorable working relationship with the
- Evaluate and optimize Suppliers for the account---partnering with the Director, Supplier Partnerships-- and make change recommendations.
- Contingent Workers
- Serve as first point of escalation to deal with serious Employee
Relations matters involving the customer and /or Contingent Worker.
Manage any problem escalation.
Develop and analyze reports, track, and report on performance. Isolate and solve problems.
- Analyze financial and operational reports to Isolate issues & solve problems.
- Identify and request new reports to support the business
- Distribute appropriate reports to the Clients
Manage a high-performance team motivated and engaged to excel and deliver great results
- Select and develop high quality team members
- Select team members aligned with our values and culture (and that of clients) to deliver excellence through individual and team effort.
- Model a professional environment with high standards of ethics, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Orient, train, set goals with, evaluate and develop staff.
- Establish and follow through on team member development plans.
- Communicate – regularly with team members – reviewing progress against goals, coaching and counselling them to top performance
- Set goals and meet regularly with team members to review progress and remove roadblocks confronted.
- Identify opportunities for development and performance improvement and recognize achievement.
- Take appropriate action— in conjunction with HR--- when someone is not meeting job requirements.
Manage an operationally efficient and effective workplace
- Focus on continuous improvement and opportunities to deliver more efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure SOPs are well documented.
- Represent needs of the Clients to Program Teams and to all service areas to improve/enhance performance.
Keep abreast of workforce management solutions and human resources industries happenings. Be up to date on company policy and legal requirements related to our work
- Know your business and its requirements.
- Continuously educate yourself in the international space.
- Be able to speak authoritatively on the topics.
- Be in compliance with company policy and the law.
- Perform other tasks/projects as from time to time assigned.
MSP (Managed Service Provider) experience with technologies such as: Beeline, Coupa, or Fieldglass
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, HR or Psychology or a related field or equivalent
- Plus 5-7 years of workforce management solutions experience (MSP, VMS, labor,
staffing) with a portion of that time in a Program Specialist/ Manager or similar
- Plus 2 years business development responsibilities
- Preferred experience working within the Higher Education space. This could be as
an employee of a HE institution or someone selling or servicing into the sector
- International exposure required/experience a strong plus
Desired Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Expertise with VMS Technology
- Expert working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), email and Internet applications
- Up to date, expert knowledge of the industry, and its product and offerings
Desired Soft Skills and Competencies
- Passion for Higher Education
- Strong leader with high Emotional Maturity
- Customer Client Focus with excellent client facing skills and professional presence
- Strong execution skills
- Solid problem-solving and analysis skills
- Collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Change Agent --- Continuous Improvement
- Excellent active listening skills