1770 Promontory Circle
Job Category: Other
Job Number: 18357
Title: Senior Manager – Revenue & Margin Management
Location: Greeley, CO – FULLY ONSITE REQUIRED (Mon-Fri)
Job Type: Full-time, W2
Salary Range: $100,000 - $130,000/year
Incentive Pay: 15% Bonus - This position is eligible to participate in the company’s annual bonus plan
About the company: Global company with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico, and the U.K Large company that employs more than 50,000 people and customers in more than 100 countries.
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: We are looking for a Senior Manager – Revenue & Margin Management for our client. This role will sit at their office in Greeley, CO. The goal of this role is to define and execute the client’s revenue management strategies to ensure business and product portfolio alignment with market demand, drive sustainable growth, while maximizing revenue profit opportunities. The work will involve leading a cross-functional team and driving discipline in pricing execution, maximize market and revenue opportunities to help better position the different businesses across multiple categories and channels for their Chicken Prepared Foods Business. You will be responsible for outlining their business product portfolio opportunities, understanding the market structure and model of their industry, tracking their supply and demand drivers, identifying trends, providing market and competitive insights; to build the understanding of their relative Product and Price positions in the market. This role helps optimize their portfolio to attractive segments, the closure of their revenue and margin gaps relative to competition, through a disciplined approach. This role identifies mix and price opportunities and manages the continuous flow of revenue processes, applying the best tools and practices to define optimal price and mix recommendations to drive company goals. This role also drives discipline and best practices across many channels.
Revenue and Margin Management:
- Work closely with business leaders and other stakeholders to proactively diagnose their main opportunities, identify strategic & tactical initiatives, and set priorities.
- Create a pipeline of opportunities for the stakeholders in line with their KPI’s and company goals.
- Serve as a trusted advisor in revenue and margin management.
- In line with the strategic objectives, identify category and channel dynamics, market structure, and variables that influence how prices are set.
- Diagnose business gaps and opportunities, set clear revenue targets and KPIs, and work with cross-functional teams to achieve them.
- Create, monitor, and adapt pricing strategies in response to specifics of channel and category dynamics for both retail and food service, balancing the objectives of growth, margin, and risk.
- Analyze and optimize the margin mix to achieve revenue and profitability goals and conduct pricing analyses & forecasting to identify revenue growth opportunities.
- Create and manage price pack architectures that align with customer and consumer preferences with channels, categories, brands, and specific customer and market dynamics.
- Manage pricing Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and provide critical tactics to negotiate pricing agreements with key clients, considering multiple variables to optimize the decision process.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with pricing, costs, and market dynamics, optimizing the revenue and margin levers, in accordance with each of their category/pricing strategies and business/market configuration, providing clear guidance for negotiation, implementation and execution.
- Develop, implement, assess, and adjust trade and promotional strategies for both retail and food service channels to maximize revenue, maintain profitability, ensuring alignment of trade and promo plans with overall business objectives.
- Manage and optimize trade spend budgets to ensure efficient use of resources, collaborating with sales teams to allocate trade funds effectively to drive sales and revenue.
- Oversee the alignment of product portfolios to ensure supply meets best market demand.
- Build frameworks for data-driven decisions on product innovation, development, and discontinuation.
- Benchmark and monitor execution across the business, categories, and channels, ensuring optimal execution while maintaining coherence across multiple segments, and identifying the appropriate action items.
Other duties as assigned
- Assess their capabilities, define best practices, benchmark against other models, identify process gaps, help integrate the team within the business cycle, and implement the routines for effective goals.
- Build the processes, models, tools, and best practices on how to set and execute their revenue and margin objectives tailored to each business needs.
- Identify, manage, and develop internal and external partners to support their technology, resource and expertise needs effectively managing their budget in line with value provided across business.
- Integrate their pricing and margin information databases, build their systems, manage multiple data sources and partners, build their dashboards, platforms and automate processes.
- Develop process, with the right cadence and communication devices (reports, meetings, etc.) and routines to appropriately engage with stakeholders and the business to support the decisions.
- Provide clear recommendations on their governance process, with the appropriate levels of ownership, the right workflow approval, checks and balances, and compliance.
- Hire, train, lead and develop teams of analysts to effectively work alongside business leaders.
Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Strategy, Marketing, Economics, or related field required
- ?REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Revenue Management and leadership experience.
- 7+ years of work experience in a corporate environment, with experience both building and managing pricing, revenue and margin management teams and processes, with clear understanding of different models and approaches, in the food space for both retail and foodservice channels.
- Pricing or revenue management experience in different category dynamics, with a good knowledge mix between commodity and value-based approaches.
- Great ability to communicate and present insights to a non-technical audience.
- Working knowledge of supply chain and manufacturing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and other sales, pricing, and trade solutions.
- Experience building comprehensive Sales and Market Intelligence programs.
- Strong analytical background, with clear understanding of different business objectives/insights methodologies and frameworks, with proven hands-on experience and career progression.
- Experience with CPG, agriculture, and animal protein preferred
- A successful candidate must be a cultural fit and represent their company values.
- Must be a dynamic leader with a strong sense of urgency, ability to build meaningful relationships with business leaders, understand the different businesses and opportunities, build valuable partnerships and tailor the approach to each context.
- You should be a leader of change, self-motivated, proactive and an opportunity seeker.
- Should have a simple, pragmatic and result-oriented approach, while being comfortable to manage cross-functional objectives, tradeoffs and different agendas while being the gate keeper of the decision process and revenue/margin goals.
- Be a process owner and facilitator, have a growth mindset, collaborate as part of a team, provide insights, and become a trusted advisor for category, marketing, sales, and business teams.
- Must master both implementing and managing capabilities within revenue and margin management and insights.
- Must have a well-rounded business acumen, be able to communicate clearly, adapt to different contexts, while still providing value to the organization through developing business opportunities in a disciplined manner.
- Must be a team leader, able to identify and develop high performance talent with a service-oriented mentality to address company goals.
- Must be well connected with the teams and partners to keep track of the market movements, business cycles, dynamics and opportunities while finding ways to position prices effectively and coherently across products and channels.
- Can perform the functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
Paid Time Off: Sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays
401(K): Company match begins after the first year of service
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, our client is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for their team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.