4700 Broadmore Av
Job Category: Other
Job Number: 18295
Senior Battery Project Engineer
Interested in future career opportunities in the battery testing industry? Our client is searching for talented Battery Engineers to join their Transportation Technology team in their Plymouth, MI office. These will be fantastic opportunities to grow a versatile career in Battery Safety and Certification!
What you’ll do:
- Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, conduct on and off-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s). To do this, Engineer must.
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test).
- Read and understand client-provided or otherwise published performance or product safety standard.
- Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions.
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability.
- Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing.
- Follow the established test plan.
- Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed.
- Conduct thorough construction review, or sample inspection as needed, document results.
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards. Core tests include but are not limited to: Battery Cycling (Charge/Discharge), Vibration, Temperature/Humidity soak or cycle, durability cycling, Voltage and Current measurement, dielectric, pressure, abnormal and fault condition simulation, rain, dust, corrosion.
- Set up and operate standard test equipment including, but not limited to: Battery Cyclers, Temperature/Humidity Chambers; Vibration Test Controllers; Programmable Power Supplies; PLC or other controllers; pneumatic, hydraulic, or electric actuators; AC/DC power supplies and loads; oscilloscope; multi-meter; dielectric strength tester; ground continuity tester; digital multi-meter; surge generator; over-voltage tester; environmental condition chamber; and articulated probes. Use hand tools to build/calibrate test fixtures.
- Following sample handling procedures, ensure that sample is logged into and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Proper package sample for shipment.
- Compile test results during construction review and testing. Compile data and product description and type final report using established report shell. Submit report to reviewer for final approval.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Perform other work as required.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Knowledge of Cells, Batteries, and Electrical Energy Storage Systems.
- Experience using AVL/LYNX software or similar software for EV or HV battery testing is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters.
- Microsoft Office expertise.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
Location: Plymouth, MI (Onsite)
Duration: 6+ month W2 Contract
Meet Your Recruiter