1080 Caribbean Way
Job Category: Graphic/Digital Design
Job Number: 18380
Senior Designer, Email
The Senior Email Designer will concept and create effective and engaging email campaigns that meet company and client needs. Responsible for collaborating with design and copy teams, as well as with creative managers on all projects to ensure brand consistency and alignment, and project management team to ensure timely delivery. The Senior Email Designer position lives within the International Creative Services team, focusing on producing industry-leading campaigns and deliverables to support the Marketing department. This role requires someone who can understand our business needs, create visually appealing designs, and use technical skills to ensure email campaigns are functional across all devices and email service providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the creation of visually stunning emails from start to finish, including, but not limited to concepting, visual design, testing, and quality control. Knowledge of HTML is a must.
- Devise and pitch creative email concepts that align with overall brand objectives, answer strategic needs of the initiative, and further the internal clients’ business goals. Provide multiple creative options for requests as needed.
- Ensure email campaigns are technically sound, functional, and responsive across all devices.
- Collaborate with copywriter to ensure design and copy complement each email and reinforce the business objective.
- Design a high volume of email marketing campaigns in Adobe Photoshop.
- Demonstrate senior-level expertise in visual design, leveraging clean layout, sound typography and imagery fundamentals.
- Analyze email campaign A/B testing results to optimize performance and drives CTR.
- Revise creative as needed. Review final material for quality and accuracy and prep files for digital release.
- Work closely with Creative Managers on new email template design and development and ensure they are in line with brand guidelines.
- Present and sell in creative work to key stakeholders, including channel owners and executive leadership.
- Develop a strong understanding of the brand’s overall annual and long-term objectives while fostering an up-to-date and ever-evolving knowledge of internal client’s area of business, and related business goals.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, tools and design technology to propose and execute innovative, creative digital ideas.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines of various projects assigned and for maintaining clear communication with the team.
- Manage multiple project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Visual Communications or similar field from an accredited four-year college or university or directly related, equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in a Graphic Designer role in a fast-paced, multi-project corporate or advertising agency environment.
- Knowledge of email design and best practices
- Knowledge of Mobile design and best practices
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Experience in A/B testing and email testing using preview tools
- Time management/Project management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Must be creative, Detail-oriented, Highly organized
- Hunger to learn continuing developments in the field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Accuracy, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment are essential
- Able to multi-task and work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong creative background and skills required across a diverse array of deliverables
- Portfolio of real-world work samples required, including a proven background in executing email campaigns
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience and up-to-date knowledge of Mac applications including Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop is required as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with Wrike or similar project management platforms is a plus